Most productivity experts might give 5 tips for productivity to start your work day but this list is a little different. The end of a work day is equally important (if not more) to give you a leg-up on the start of the next day.
Our team of meeting experts pooled their top 5 tips for productivity to stay organized and one step ahead.
- Review & revise your To-Do list. Crossing things off at the end of the day feels amazing AND boosts your sense of self-worth. A list of accomplishments during the day helps build fire and energy for the next. In reviewing your to-do list, congratulate yourself on all that was completed and simply move those items that didn’t quite get done to the following day.
- Brainstorm and mind-dump. This practice is a great way to boost creativity and take what you’ve learned/accomplished in the day and allow it to grow and transform.
- Dedicate time for mindfulness or meditation. Whether it is 5 minutes, or 2 hours, time for self is extremely under-rated yet it brings power and re-invigoration. This small investment in yourself can pay out in HUGE dividends. If you happen to be at a Meet Hospitality location, there are a few rooftop terraces that provide the perfect setting for this!
- Prepare for tomorrow. Perhaps in reviewing your day’s accomplishments you remember an email that you are waiting on an answer or a piece to a puzzle that would otherwise be complete. This simple task and chance to follow up can make the following day even MORE productive and gives you a head start to productivity. You may want to prep your lunch, breakfast, or morning java for the next day. You may want to plan your wardrobe or confirm reservations/appointments.
- Tidy up. Taking a few moments to tidy up your work space or living space allows for peace of mind the next day and prevents it from piling up to become yet another item on your to-do list. A little each day goes a long way!
Put these 5 tips for productivity into practice and overtime watch how much they improve your work day outlook.